The CSOW 620 – static confiner is a portable device that allows confining cells within two surfaces with nanometer precision. The space between the two surfaces is controlled by using micro PDMS pillars. The micro pillars are fabricated in a glass slide, which is attached to a PDMS piston. The CSOW 620 is the device that controls the position of the pistons and it is compatible with several brands of 6-well plates. In the end of the confinement experiments, the cells can be retrieved enabling further biochemical studies. The user decides when and where to confine the cells as it is not necessary to plug it to any other device. In particular, the CSOW 620 is characterized by its compact design and CO2 plug.
Overall dimensions of the CSOW 620:
Scheme of the CSOW 620:
The static cell confiner CSOW 620 kit is composed by:
- 1 x CSOW 620
- 12 x Confinement Piston in PDMS
- 12 x Confinement Slides – 16 mm (diameter) glass slides/cover slips with micro-structures in PDMS (pillars) that enable the confinement
Available confinement heights – from 1, 2, 3, … up to 20 um (you can choose up to 3 heights to integrate your kit)
If you want to make your slides adhesive to your cells or not (optional):
- Aliquots of extracellular matrix protein for cell adhesion (for example, fibronectin) in the right buffer solution
- Aliquots of anti-adhesive molecule (poly-ethylene glycol) ready to bind on the slides
If this device does not fit with your constraints, get in touch with us! We can personalize it for you!
- To study cell dynamics triggered by /under mechanical effects:
- Cell division
- Induce autophagy
- Mechanics of the nucleus
- High resolution imaging
- Co-culture of cells
Video of HeLa cells under confinement using a 4Dcell confiner, going from initial state to extremely confined.
Video of cells dividing under confinement using a 4Dcell confiner
Example of mammalian cells with before and after confinement images with fluorescent proteins